We work hard to understand and support owners and management through growth and transitional challenges while considering important implications to employees and community constituents as well.
Sheridan combines the sophistication of a traditional private equity firm with the flexibility of a collaborative partner. We focus our efforts on investing, growing, and delivering strategic value and resources to strong companies in the lower middle market.
We use the following criteria to screen opportunities:
Headquartered in the United States or Canada
- Sustainable competitive advantages within niche or geographic footprint
- Predictable and recurring revenue
- Significant market share within niche or geographic footprint
- Superior margins and strong free cash flow
- Experienced management teams responsible for prior performance
- Clearly defined strategy for growth
$20.0 million to $150.0 million
$10.0 million to $50.0 million
Types of transaction considered:
- Growth buyouts or control-oriented growth equity investments with entrepreneurially led businesses
- Generational sales of family-held companies
- Buy and build platforms or niche consolidations
- Partial recapitalizations to diversify risk or wealth
How we add value:
- Support and supplement existing management talent
- Provide capital, strategy and integration support for accretive acquisitions
- Optimize business operations through implementation of reporting metrics and best practices
- Systems and infrastructure to facilitate further scalability
- Enable service and product expansion into adjacent lines of business or channels of distribution
- Provide capital for facility expansion or modernization
We seek to partner with founders and entrepreneurs who want a partner to help take their company to the next level.
Friendly, Collaborative Partner
We understand the unique dynamics associated with family and founder-owned businesses and works with founders and entrepreneurs to supplement management teams through key strategic hires and invest in the appropriate resources to professionalize and grow companies.
We align ourselves with prospective partners by encouraging rollover investments and proactively creating a value creation plan with management ahead of closing an investment.
Driven, Entrepreneurial Team
Our entrepreneurial team members are all highly aligned to create significant value for all stakeholders. Our ultimate goals are to drive shareholder value and enable selling founders and entrepreneurs to make more money through the “second bite of the apple” as compared to the initial transaction.
We are focused exclusively on companies within the healthcare sectors since inception. We compete favorably against generalist investors who lack the deep knowledge and networks within these sectors. Our knowledge enables us to proactively identify attractive subsectors and companies, more efficiently diligence new opportunities, and create value post close through repeatable value creation frameworks.
Strong Track Record and Valuation Creation Framework
We identify investments, consummate transactions, create value, and sell companies. These successful investments not only result in repeatable value creation frameworks, but also provide confidence
Access to expertise across the following strategic areas:
Talent Management and Organizational Design
Construction and Design
Site Selection & Planning